Saturday, September 12, 2015

Week 2: CASA Marketing Ch.1 - Fun with Analytics

After reading the first chapter of CASA Marketing, my interest on digital/online marketing has significantly increased. I found it interesting how LinkedIn showed online marketing as a top skill that got people hired in 2013, but then again we do see that many companies or organizations use online marketing to increase business success. I didn’t think much of online marketing; it has always been on my mind, but I didn’t realize exactly how much in demand it is. This tool is useful more than ever because of the increase technology and computers. I would certainly like to become an effective online marketer, and more employable.

Certainly you have caught my attention for the reasons that it can open job opportunities and/or I can implement this into a company or business that I one day hope to open. I am excited for this course and what I will learn to be able to apply to my professional life. In the chapter you stated, “I realized that it would probably be a good idea to consider not just what I felt like doing, but what would be a benefit to a business or organization”. I agree and with the economic struggle we face, businesses and organizations need all the help they can get. We must look at the whole picture, not just what is in one’s self-interest.
           
            There are many web analytic tools that we said we can use such as google analytics, adobe analytics, open source analytics, and social analytics. Freshmen year I had a job with the athletics department where we use the social media to advertise and promote sporting events for the school, which falls under online marketing and social analytics. We posted up statuses or tweets to have students, family, or friends to attend home games for all sporting events and got payed for it. I thought this was pretty cool, so I look forward to this class to broaden knowledge on online marketing and open more doors for future employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment